Loyola Degree College has a well equipped The Department of Library Information and Centre established in the year 2017, that caters to 510 students and 32 staff. The library currently has over thousands of books and journals. It also subscribes to e- resources in association with the St Joseph’s University. The library has about 5 systems for students to access e- resources. It also provides Wi-Fi enabling students to use their laptops in the Library. Library subscribes to newspapers which include English and Kannada, national journals and international journals, periodical, magazines, etc. The library follows the Dewey Decimal Scheme of Classification.
The library follows the Dewey Decimal Scheme of Classification. Books are arranged on the shelves, Author wise, Semester wise and Subject wise. The Library is open from 8.30 a.m. to 4.00 p.m.
Library subscribes to newspapers which include English and Kannada, national journals and international journals, periodical, magazines, etc. The library follows the Dewey Decimal Scheme of Classification.
Loyola Degree College Library Committee conducts Library Orientation programme every academic year in the month of August for all the first-year students of UG. The students are familiarized with the library facilities.
The library can accommodate over 25 students at a time. Additional services provided by the library are as follows:
News Paper Clipping Service
Book reservation service
Facilities offered by the library are as follows:
Old question papers facilities
SC/ST Book bank facilities
Over the years the college library has a collection of large number of books and the statistics is tabulated below for reference
|Name of the resource||Numbers|
General Rules and Regulations:
1. Loyola Library is NO-MOBILE ZONE.
2. Students must wear ID card at all times
3. Maintain strict silence in the Reading Room and other areas
4.DO NOT enter the reading or lending section with your baggage. Keep them in the wooden shelves at the Gate Counter
5. DO NOT crowd around any counter, but stand in queue and wait for your turn
6. ID card is NON-TRANSFERRABLE. Using someone else’s ID is a punishable offence
7. Kindly cooperate and interact gently with library staff.
8. In case of any difficulty library users can approach the Librarian.
9. Only present students and staff of the College can use the Library. No ex-student or outsiders are allowed to use the Library.
10. Any indiscipline in the Library will lead to cancellation of membership and/or serious disciplinary actions.
11. Students should clear all library dues in time to obtain Hall Ticket/Admit Card before Semester Exam.
12. Students and Staff members must settle all library dues to obtain Clearance Certificate from the Library Office on completion of studies or duty.
13. Sleeping, eating and having refreshments inside the Library are strictly prohibited.
14. Do take care of library books and journals.
Monday to Friday 9:00 am to 4:30 pm
Saturday 9:00 am to 1:00 pm